VIVA Railings, LLC has been consistently ranked, year over year, on Inc. 500/5000’s list of Fastest Growing American Companies. VIVA Railings among other accomplishments, is vastly known for being a growth minded company, that incorporates career pathing, and mentorships ensuring career progression for all its team members. Not only are we an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive, workplace welcoming to people of all cultures and nationalities.
The Quality Control Assistant for Railing Systems plays a crucial role in ensuring that railing products and installations meet the established quality standards within the company. Working closely with the quality control team, the assistant is responsible for conducting inspections, tests, and audits specifically focused on railing systems to identify any defects, non-conformities, or deviations from quality requirements. The assistant supports the implementation of quality control procedures, documentation, and continuous improvement initiatives specifically related to railing systems. This role requires strong attention to detail, knowledge of railing system components and installation processes, and a commitment to maintaining high-quality standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conduct regular inspections and examinations of railing systems, including components, fabrication, and installations, to ensure compliance with quality standards and specifications.
- Assist in conducting proper counts and measurements on railing system components, such as handrails, balusters, connectors, and glass panels to assess their strength, durability, and performance prior to delivery to site.
- Maintain accurate records of inspection results, test data, and quality control documentation specific to railing systems. Ensure proper documentation of railing system specifications, installation instructions, and quality control procedures.
- Identify and report any deviations, defects, or non-conformities related to railing system quality standards. Collaborate with the quality control team to investigate the root causes and implement corrective actions specific to railing systems.
- Support internal and external audits by preparing necessary documentation, coordinating audit activities, and participating in the audit processes related to railing systems.
- Track and monitor quality metrics specific to railing systems, such as weld quality, material strength, and installation accuracy. Generate reports and provide insights on railing system quality performance to management.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, production, and installation teams, to identify opportunities for process improvement in railing system fabrication, assembly, and installation.
- Stay updated on relevant building codes, safety regulations, and industry standards related to railing systems. Ensure compliance with applicable requirements and communicate changes or updates to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Provide training and support to employees involved in the fabrication, assembly, and installation of railing systems. Ensure proper understanding and adherence to quality control processes, procedures, and best practices specific to railing systems
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional technical or vocational training in quality control or metal fabrication is preferred.
- Previous experience in quality control or quality assurance, specifically in the railing systems industry, is highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge of railing system components, fabrication techniques, and installation processes.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings, specifications, and building codes related to railing systems.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to identify defects or non-conformities in railing system components and installations.
- Proficiency in using quality control tools, equipment, and software specific to railing systems.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills related to railing system quality issues.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with relevant industry standards, safety regulations, and quality management systems specific to railing systems (e.g., ASTM, OSHA, ICC).
- Ability to work effectively in a team and collaborate with cross-functional teams involved in railing system fabrication, assembly, and installation.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying