VIVA Railings, LLC has been consistently ranked, year over year, on Inc. 500/5000’s list of Fastest Growing American Companies. VIVA Railings among other accomplishments, is vastly known for being a growth minded company, that incorporates career pathing, and mentorships ensuring career progression for all its team members. Not only are we an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive, workplace welcoming to people of all cultures and nationalities.
The Field Office Supervisor will plan and oversee the building process of various construction projects from start to finish. Their duties include building and staying within the budget, retrieving the necessary permits to construct in certain communities and communicating the client’s goals for certain projects to the subcontractors and construction workers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Collaborate with engineers, architects etc. to determine the specifications of the project.
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements.
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities.
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment, and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies.
- Supervise the work of laborers, mechanics etc. and give them guidance when needed.
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports.
· Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues.
EXPECTATIONS OF Field Office Supervisor:
Possess the skills to handle logistical challenges relative to personnel and equipment.
Possess skills in maximizing his or her potential to promote productivity and positive morale.
Possess computer skills to meet job requirements.
- Ability to be detail oriented, and organized is imperative.
A person possessing the traits of honesty, integrity, creativity, and flexibility that are essential to the position.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Proven experience as construction project manager
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with construction/ project management software
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
- BSc/BA in engineering, building science or relevant field.
- PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- 2 -5 years’ experience in Ornamental and/or Architectural Metal as a Superintendent.
- Must be able to read Architectural drawings and perform layouts based on drawings.
- 2 years’ experience TIG welding
- 2 years’ experience Stainless Steel Materials
- Must be able to travel to jobsites and have Valid Driver’s License