VIVA Railings, LLC has been consistently ranked, year over year, on Inc. 500/5000’s list of Fastest Growing American Companies. VIVA Railings among other accomplishments, is vastly known for being a growth minded company, that incorporates career pathing, and mentorships ensuring career progression for all its team members. Not only are we an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive, workplace welcoming to people of all cultures and nationalities.
A Welder, is responsible for assembling pieces of metal together or repairing damage in metal components using heavy machinery that emits high heat, melting the metal into shape. Their duties include reviewing blueprints, cutting metal into the appropriate shape and smithing molten metal to remove creases.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Read and interpret project plans, blueprints and other written instructions and diagrams to perform task at hand.
- Perform MIG, TIG and other types of welding based on project needs.
- Field install welds, including metal sheeting and post.
- Select proper fillers for jobs based on previous experience or project instructions.
- Coordinate with field labor crew for efficient installations.
- Conserve resources whenever possible to ensure budgetary integrity and client satisfaction.
- De-bur and grind metal as necessary to achieve proper surface texture.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Thorough understanding of machines and tools used in welding.
- Ability to read weld symbols and follow blueprints.
- Excellent ability to read and listen to assignments given in a variety of forms.
- Basic understanding of mathematics as related to welding assignments.
- Must be able to weld components that are vertical, flat, or overhead.
- Must have enough manual dexterity and stability as required for precision work.
- Ability to safely use and lift equipment weighing 50 pounds.
- Ability to work standing up to 10 hours per day.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school or GED preferred.
- Required 1+ year of Tig welding experience.
- Current and valid certification a plus
- Experience working on construction sites and with power tools.
- Knowledge of construction site best practices and safety procedures.
- Ability to travel to jobs located up to 300 miles away.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying